Innovation Strategy & Performance
Identifying Areas of Opportunity for Growth
Understanding market drivers and the competitives landscape is essential when identifying high value areas of opportunity for the development of new and existing products and services.
Ideas Accelerator will help you to identify these high value areas by designing and developing effective market research strategies that collect valuable customer insights helping you to focus on the areas of rapid growth.
Tools we use include:
- Online survey development, data collection and analysis
- Face to face interviews
- Customer focused workshops
- Internal facilitated working sessions
Developing an Innovation Framework or Plan
Developing an innovation strategy or innovation framework is a key part of communicating your innovation goals and objective to the organisation; what do you aim to achieve and how you do you want staff to contribute to your innovation goals?
Ideas Accelerator will help you to develop an innovation framework by:
- Establishing a charter - by understanding key drivers of innovation in your organisation
- Clarifying the goals and objectives of the innovation program
- Clarifying the resources, restraints and requirements
- Reviewing systems and processes that support innovation activity
- Measuring attitudes and behaviours towards innovation activity – the culture and climate of innovation
- Gaining senior management support and sponsorship
- Developing metrics to measure innovation - the number of concepts, ideas and projects at each stage within the innovation system
What our clients say…
“Personally I found the Innovation Strategy day very useful and high motivating – it was great to see what was achieved, again thanks Louise and all the best”.
Peter Benstead – National Distribution and Channel Manager, Contact Energy
Measuring Innovation Performance
Innovation is not enough – measuring innovation performance is an essential part of developing successful innovation initiatives.
When measuring innovation performance there are two main areas that need to be considered:
- the key characteristics, actions and behaviours that drive innovation activity and
- the development and performance of new and improved products and services, system and processes
By understanding these two key areas you can quickly identify barriers that stop innovation from happening and can develop strategies to improve innovation performance.
The Innovation Monitor® Innovation Monitor® will help to:
- Identify key factors that will increase innovation performance and drive growth
- Provide a quick overview of the current state of innovation
- Provide a smart checklist of recommendations for improving innovation performance
- Help you to build an innovative team culture at all levels
- Benchmark your results against best practice performance (OECD)
- Measure innovation performance of your divisions, departments and teams
- Form an action plan with detailed next steps and recommendations
What our clients say…
“The Innovation Monitor® has provided North Shore City Council with an insightful analysis of innovation, including key drivers for organisational improvement. This has definitely helped us to become a more innovative organisation”.
Geoff Mason – General Manager Infrastructure Services, North Shore City Council
> Papers and Resources
> Case Study – Innovation Strategy Working Session
> Innovation Perspective PDF
> Innovation Monitor® Information Sheet PDF
> Innovation Monitor® – Calculating your Survey Results PDF